- Both Elementor and Visual Composer are powerful drag-and-drop page builders that offer extensive design options, easy-to-use interfaces, and compatibility with popular WordPress themes.
- Although both offer an extensive range of content elements and styling options to create stunning websites tailored towards user experience & SEO optimization, choosing between them depends on personal preferences & requirements.
- Whether you choose Elementor or Visual Composer ultimately boils down to your individual needs—both will help you build responsive websites without much coding knowledge.
Key Features (Elementor)
Elementor is known for its robust set of features that are designed to enhance the website building experience. Some of the key features of Elementor include:
- Intuitive drag-and-drop interface
- Real – time frontend editing
- Large library of pre – built templates and blocks
- Responsive design with mobile editing tools
- Wide variety of widgets, including image carousels, call-to-action buttons, and social icons
- Inline text editor for easy content manipulation
- Theme builder functionality allowing users to create custom headers, footers, and sidebars
- WooCommerce integration for easy online store creation
- Compatibility with popular WordPress themes such as Divi, Avada, and BeTheme
- RTL compatibility and translation – ready capabilities
- Extensive selection of available elements to choose from
- Rollback Versions: Rollback any updates if needed
Pros & Cons (Elementor)
Elementor is a popular page builder with plenty of features that make it a top choice for many users. However, like any tool, it has its advantages and disadvantages. Here is a comprehensive list of Elementor’s pros and cons in an HTML table format.
|Easy to use with an intuitive drag-and-drop interface
|Some features are limited in the free version
|Live editing mode for real-time view of changes
|Customization options may not be sufficient for advanced users
|Extensive library of templates and blocks
|Third-party add-ons may not always work smoothly
|Compatible with over 450 themes on Themeforest
|Occasional performance issues on slower servers
|30 basic widgets available in the free version
|Steep learning curve for some users, especially those new to WordPress
|Seamless WooCommerce integration
|Premium version cost might be high for some users
|Excellent customer support and documentation
|No native support for custom post types and custom fields
Visual Composer: Overview
Visual Composer is a popular drag and drop website builder that offers both frontend and backend editing capabilities for WordPress.
Key Features (Visual Composer)
Visual Composer offers a wide array of functionalities and tools that empower users to build engaging and responsive WordPress websites with ease. Some of the key features are:
- Drag and drop interface for easy page building
- Frontend editor with real – time preview
- Tree view mode for better content organization
- Responsive design controls, including mobile editing
- Inline text editor for seamless content editing
- Custom Post Type support and multisite compatibility
- Multilanguage ready and RTL compatible
- Extensive design options for elements (e.g., background, animations, dividers)
- Element clone, copy/paste, custom naming, and hiding options
- Keyboard shortcuts for improved workflow efficiency
- Rich icon libraries and Google Fonts support
- Grid Builder feature for complex layout creation
- Parallax effects, gradient backgrounds, video backgrounds, and more
- WooCommerce integration to build online stores easily
- Theme Builder functionality (header, footer, sidebar builder)
- Visual Composer Hub with numerous templates and blocks available
- Global templates management & import/export capabilities
Pros & Cons (Visual Composer)
Visual Composer has its own set of advantages and disadvantages that users should consider before choosing it as their WordPress page builder. Below is an overview of the pros and cons of Visual Composer.
|Full site creation capabilities, including headers and footers
|Possible learning curve for beginners
|Extensive library of elements and templates in Visual Composer Hub
|Limited features in the free version
|Compatible with most WordPress themes
|Some users might find the interface less intuitive compared to competitors
|Integration with WooCommerce for e-commerce sites
|Some add-ons and extensions may require additional costs
|Good support and documentation
|Performance and speed might be influenced by third-party integrations
User Interface Comparison
Elementor’s interface is intuitive and easy to use, with a live editing mode that lets you see changes in real-time. Visual Composer offers a drag and drop interface for easy editing, along with a frontend editor for real-time changes.
Elementor’s interface is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. Its drag-and-drop editor allows users to easily add and customize elements such as text, images, and videos.
In addition, Elementor has an undo/redo button that enables you to revert changes with a click of a button. The history panel keeps track of all recent edits, making it easy to go back and make revisions if needed.
Visual Composer’s Interface
Visual Composer’s user interface is designed with the idea of multiple windows for editing elements and previewing them in real-time. This approach divides the screen into three sections: the backend editor, frontend editor, and panel settings.
The backend editor allows users to add elements such as text boxes, images, and buttons while providing access to various styling options including typography, spacing settings, coloring options among others.
One standout feature that sets Visual Composer apart from its competitors is its tree view mode which makes it easy for developers to organize complex page designs without having to rely on third-party plugins or tools.
Additionally, Visual Composer supports multilanguage websites ensuring that webmasters can reach a global audience without worrying about language barriers.
Elementor offers a broad selection of available elements, including call to action buttons, image carousels, star ratings, Facebook widgets, menu anchors, and social icons.
Elementor offers 30 basic widgets in its free version and has an extensive library of additional widgets available in the Elementor Pro version. Here are some of the key elements available:
- Call to action buttons
- Image carousels
- Star ratings
- Facebook widgets
- Menu anchors
- Social icons
- Post navigation
- WooCommerce add-to-cart buttons
- Countdown timer
- Form builder with advanced integration options
- Pricing tables with customizable options
- Slideshow with different transition choices
- Google Maps integration for location – based pages
- Custom fonts and typography options with over 800 Google Fonts included.
- Icon libraries including Font Awesome, Material Icons, and more.
- Animated text headlines
Elementor’s user-friendly interface makes it easy to customize these elements and create unique pages without coding. The drag-and-drop functionality allows users to simply move elements around the page until they achieve the desired result.
Visual Composer’s Elements
Visual Composer offers a wide range of elements to add to your website. Some of the key elements include:
- Call to action buttons
- Image carousels
- Star ratings
- Facebook widgets
- Menu anchors
- Social icons
- Post grid elements
- Header elements
- Footer elements
- Pricing table elements
- Tabs and accordions
- Pageable containers
- Section element
- Flip/hover boxes
- Syntax highlighter
- Image carousel
- Premium buttons
These elements can be customized and arranged easily through Visual Composer’s drag and drop interface, which allows users to design websites without any coding knowledge necessary!
Both Elementor and Visual Composer offer extensive styling options to customize the look and feel of your website. From font choices to color palettes, both page builders provide a wide range of design tools that can take your website to the next level.
Elementor’s Styling Options
Elementor offers a wide range of styling options that allow users to customize their pages to their exact needs. Here are some of the key features:
- Custom CSS: Elementor allows users to add custom CSS to individual elements or entire sections of a page.
- Device-specific styling: Users can apply specific styles for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Backgrounds: Elementor provides various background options such as gradient backgrounds, parallax effects, slideshow backgrounds, carousel backgrounds, zoom in/out backgrounds and video backgrounds.
- Typography: Users have access to Google Fonts and can customize font size, color, weight, and style.
- Box Shadows & Border Settings: Users can add box shadows with multiple customization options including box shadow blur radius, opacity levels etc.
- Element Animations & Shape Dividers: Elementor provides various animations for elements and shapes dividers including entrance animations, hover animations etc.
- Advanced design options: Users can adjust margin settings for each element on a page and align them precisely according to their requirements.
- Image Editing Tools: Image editing tools include filters like greyscale or sepia tones along with crop option for the images in the page.
Overall, Elementor’s wide range of styling options give users complete control over the look and feel of their website design alongside complete device-specific responsiveness.
Visual Composer’s Styling Options
Visual Composer uses Design Options to add or change styling for content elements. These include regular design options, such as background color and font size, as well as container design options for columns and rows. Some of the specific styling options available in Visual Composer’s Design Options include:
- Hover effects: Visual Composer offers hover effects for various content elements that can be customized with different colors and animations.
- Background settings: Users can choose from a range of backgrounds for their content elements, including solid colors, gradients, images, and videos.
- Custom CSS: Advanced users can add custom CSS code to further customize the styling of their content elements.
- Device-specific styles: Visual Composer allows users to adjust the appearance of their site on different devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
- Animation effects: Visual Composer offers a variety of animation effects that can be applied to content elements, such as fade-in or slide-in animations.
Overall, Visual Composer provides a flexible set of styling options that allow users to fully customize the look and feel of their site.
Both Elementor and Visual Composer provide users access to a vast library of pre-built templates that can be easily customized to suit individual preferences and needs.
Elementor’s Template Library
Elementor’s template library offers a wide range of modern and customizable templates for users to choose from. Here are some key features of Elementor’s template library:
- Intros: Elementor’s intros provide an engaging start to your website or page with creative text effects, transitions, and animations.
- Landing pages: Pre-built templates for landing pages catering to various industries like food, travel, business, and more.
- Blocks: A collection of pre-designed blocks that can be used on any page or post to save time while designing.
- Headers & Footers: A library of header and footer templates makes it easier to create custom headers and footer across all the web pages.
- Single post & Archive templates: Templates for blog posts and archive pages make it easier to maintain a consistent design throughout the website.
- Popup builder: Elementor’s popup builder allows users to create unique popups to capture email addresses, highlight sales and promotions, encourage social shares and more.
Overall, Elementor’s template library provides numerous options for customization and saves designers a lot of time in creating unique webpages.
Visual Composer’s Template Library
Visual Composer offers over 300 pre-designed templates in its premium version, making it a great choice for users who want a wide range of design options. Here are some key points to know about Visual Composer’s template library:
- The templates cover a variety of industries and styles, including business, e – commerce, portfolio, photography, and more.
- All templates are mobile-responsive and customizable using the drag-and-drop editor.
- Users can filter templates by category or keyword search to find the perfect design for their needs.
- Templates can be previewed before use to ensure they are the right fit.
- Premium users also have access to “blocks” templates, allowing them to easily add pre-designed sections of content such as testimonials, call-to-action buttons, and more.
- Users can save their own custom templates within the library for later use on other pages or sites.
- Visual Composer regularly releases new templates based on user feedback and industry trends.
Theme Builder Functionality
Both Elementor and Visual Composer offer theme builder functionality, making it easy to design custom headers, footers, and other site-wide elements. Discover their unique features and how they can help you take your website to the next level.
Elementor’s Theme Builder
Elementor’s Theme Builder is a powerful feature that allows users to create custom site headers and footers with ease. This means that users can design and create these elements from scratch or choose from pre-existing templates, giving them more control over the appearance of their website.
Moreover, Elementor’s Theme Builder offers advanced styling options such as background images, typography settings, sticky and transparent header options, custom CSS input fields among other features which allow for total customization within WordPress Themes.
Visual Composer’s Theme Builder
Visual Composer offers a premium version that comes with a theme builder, allowing users to customize site headers, footers, and sidebars. With this editor, users can easily create custom templates for various parts of their website using the drag-and-drop interface.
The header and footer builders provide an impressive range of design options so that users don’t have to rely on pre-made templates or limited styling choices in WordPress themes.
Moreover, Visual Composer’s theme builder allows developers to easily export these custom designs and share them across multiple sites.
Add-ons And Extensions
Elementor has a vast library of free and premium add-ons known as Elementor Pro that enhances its functionality, while Visual Composer provides various extensions through the Visual Composer Hub.
Elementor offers a wide range of add-ons that enhance its functionality and allow users to create unique and engaging pages. Here are some popular Elementor add-ons:
- Essential Addons: This add-on includes 70+ widgets and extensions that provide additional functionality for Elementor.
- JetElements: This add-on adds over 50 new widgets to the Elementor library, including advanced carousel, pricing table, countdown timer, and contact form.
- Ultimate Addons for Elementor: This add-on includes over 25 widgets and modules that expand upon the existing Elementor options with features like flip box, particle background, section particles, and more.
- Crocoblock Suite: This is a complete toolkit for creating professional websites with Elementor. It includes a range of powerful plugins like JetThemeCore, JetEngine, JetBlocks, JetTricks, and more.
- PowerPack Elements: This add-on contains over 70 widgets and extensions that extend the capabilities of Elementor beyond what’s included in the core plugin.
- Happy Addons: This add-on includes more than 50 widgets alongside pre-designed section blocks that help streamline your workflow within Elementor.
These add-ons can improve the user experience of creating sites while working with Elementor by providing additional features not found in the core plug-in.
Visual Composer Add-ons
Visual Composer offers exclusive extensions in their Hub to enhance the user experience and creative possibilities. Here are some of the most notable add-ons:
- Global Template – allows for easy template management
- Import/Export – makes it simple to move designs between sites
- Template Widget – creates reusable templates that can be inserted into any page or post
- Social Media – adds social media icons and buttons for easy sharing
- Countdown Timer – creates a countdown timer for special events or sales promotions
- Post Grid & Masonry Layouts – organizes posts into stylish grids or masonry layouts
- Video Player – adds a customizable video player to websites
- Google Maps – integrates interactive Google Maps into pages and posts
- Contact Form 7 Integration – integrates the popular form plugin seamlessly with Visual Composer
- Gallery – builds beautiful photo galleries on websites
These extensions provide extra functionality, an abundance of design options, and seamless integration with various third-party tools making Visual Composer a top choice for website builders and designers alike.
Elementor offers unique features such as custom post type support, instant column resizing, and gradient background options. Meanwhile, Visual Composer provides premium content elements like syntax highlighter and AJAX search.
Elementor’s Unique Features
Elementor has several unique features that differentiate it from other page builders in the market, including:
- Live Mode Editing: Elementor’s live mode editing allows users to see edits in real-time, eliminating the need for constant saving and previewing.
- Theme Builder: Elementor’s theme builder function enables users to create custom headers, footers, and single post templates with ease.
- Add-ons: With a vast library of add-ons available, Elementor offers enhanced functionality for specific use cases such as WooCommerce integration or form building.
- Custom Fonts: Users can upload their own fonts or choose from over 800 Google fonts available within Elementor.
- Global Widgets: The pro version of Elementor includes global widgets that allow for easy management and consistency across pages and posts.
- Dynamic Content: With dynamic content options, users can create personalized and customizable content based on user data or location.
- Design System: For teams working on web design projects, the design system feature allows for seamless collaboration by sharing design assets across multiple projects.
Overall, these unique features make Elementor a top choice for website builders who want flexibility and customization options beyond what other page builders offer.
Visual Composer’s Unique Features
Visual Composer Website Builder offers a range of unique features that set it apart from other page builders in the market. These include:
- Frontend Editor: Visual Composer’s frontend editor allows you to see the changes you make in real-time, making it easier to create and customize your website.
- Navigation Panel: The navigation panel on the left-hand side of the screen allows for easy editing of elements, such as adding new sections or widgets.
- Tree View: Visual Composer’s tree view provides an overview of all elements on the page, making it easier to navigate a complex layout.
- Design Options: Instead of managing style settings for individual sections, widgets, and columns like Elementor, Visual Composer uses Design Options to control global styles across your website.
- Visual Composer Hub: The hub provides access to additional elements, extensions, and templates that expand the functionality of your website.
- WooCommerce Elements: Visual Composer offers a range of WooCommerce elements for creating unique product pages and customizing shop layouts.
Overall, Visual Composer’s unique features provide users with greater flexibility and control over their website design while simplifying page building for beginners. Its tree view and navigation panel make it easy to organize complex layouts while its Design Options allow users to manage global styles without having to adjust individual sections or widgets.
Elementor offers a free version with limited features, while the pro version starts at $49/year for one site; on the other hand, Visual Composer’s pricing plans start at $59/year for one site and offer unlimited options.
Elementor’s Pricing Plans
Elementor offers a range of pricing plans, catering to different user requirements and budgets. These plans include options for individual users, businesses, and web professionals. The table below summarizes Elementor’s pricing plans:
|30+ basic widgets, basic templates, responsive editing, and support
|All features in the Free plan, plus 50+ premium widgets, 300+ premium templates, theme builder, WooCommerce builder, and premium support
|All features in the Personal plan, plus support for up to 3 websites
|All features in the Business plan, plus support for unlimited websites
These pricing plans make Elementor a flexible and affordable option for users looking to enhance their website design capabilities. With a variety of plans to choose from and an extensive list of features, Elementor provides excellent value for money, as highlighted in fact 1.
Visual Composer’s Pricing Plans
Visual Composer offers various pricing plans to cater to different user needs. The plans provide a wide range of features and functions, ensuring that users can find the perfect fit for their projects. Below is an HTML table that presents the pricing plans and their offerings.
|Number of Sites
|Single Site Premium License
|All Premium Features
|3 Sites Premium License
|All Premium Features
|Developers Premium License
|All Premium Features
Visual Composer provides a free version with basic elements, while the premium plans offer a more extensive set of features and functionalities. The Single Site Premium License and 3 Sites Premium License plans cater to individual projects or small businesses, while the Developers Premium License offers unlimited site usage, making it ideal for web design agencies and freelancers. Each pricing plan is designed to provide the best value based on the user’s requirements.
Support And Documentation
Elementor and Visual Composer both offer extensive support documentation and resources to help users with any issues they may encounter. From tutorials to active community forums, users can easily find solutions or get assistance from professionals.
Elementor’s Support And Documentation
Elementor offers users a wealth of support and documentation resources. Their comprehensive knowledge base is a great place to start for troubleshooting or learning how to use specific features.
They also have an active Facebook community, where users can ask questions and get support from their peers. For premium plan members, Elementor offers premium support with one-to-one communication channels via email or live chat with their dedicated support team.
Moreover, Elementor has an extensive library of tutorials and online courses available on their website that cover everything from quick tips to advanced digital marketing strategies.
They even provide video guides for beginners who are just starting out with the platform.
Visual Composer’s Support And Documentation
Visual Composer provides comprehensive support and documentation for its page builder plugin. Users can access live chat support, a user manual, tutorials, guides, FAQs, and extensive setup and troubleshooting assistance.
The dedicated customer support team is committed to providing prompt responses to inquiries and on-hand assistance whenever needed. The thorough documentation includes written guides as well as video tutorials covering all aspects of the Visual Composer interface and functionality.
Performance And Speed
Elementor and Visual Composer both prioritize website performance and speed, with Elementor offering a clean codebase and quick loading times, while Visual Composer provides an optimized frontend editing experience for faster updates to the website.
Elementor is known for its lightning-fast performance and loading times, which is a crucial factor in website building. With its clean codebase and optimized front-end architecture, Elementor ensures that websites built with it have fast response times and minimal page load delays.
Additionally, Elementor offers an automatic optimization feature called Asset CleanUp, which helps you reduce HTTP requests by selectively disabling unnecessary scripts or stylesheets on specific pages.
This significantly improves your site’s overall performance and speeds up your website’s rendering time by only using essential assets in each context.
Visual Composer’s Performance
Visual Composer’s performance is highly optimized for speed and efficiency, providing users with a seamless website building experience. Its intuitive drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to create complex layouts without slowing down the site’s loading time.
In addition, Visual Composer uses advanced caching techniques which reduce server load times and improve page speeds. This means that websites built using Visual Composer will not only perform well but also rank higher in search engine results pages due to their fast loading speeds and SEO optimization features.
Compatibility With WordPress Themes
Both Elementor and Visual Composer are compatible with most WordPress themes, but it’s always best to check for theme compatibility before making a decision. Want to know more? Keep reading our comparison of Elementor vs.
Elementor And Theme Compatibility
Elementor is compatible with a wide range of WordPress themes, which means that users can easily integrate it into their existing websites without any issues. Some of the themes that work seamlessly with Elementor include Astra, OceanWP, GeneratePress, and Neve.
Here are some things to consider when assessing Elementor’s compatibility with your WordPress theme:
- Make sure that your theme is updated to the latest version before integrating Elementor.
- Check if there are any known conflicts between your theme and Elementor by doing a quick Google search or asking in relevant forums or Facebook groups.
- Choose a lightweight theme that won’t interfere with Elementor’s performance.
- Confirm if your theme offers support for page builders like Elementor.
- Consider using one of the many pre-built templates available in the built-in Template Library to get up and running quickly.
Overall, Elementor’s compatibility with popular WordPress themes makes it a flexible choice for website design and development.
Visual Composer And Theme Compatibility
Visual Composer is compatible with most WordPress themes, but some may require additional customization for ideal results. Here are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to Visual Composer and theme compatibility:
- Visual Composer works best with themes that are designed to be compatible with page builders, such as those that have been tested for compatibility with the plugin.
- Some themes may have built – in features or templates that conflict with certain elements or functionalities of Visual Composer, which can cause layout issues or other problems. It’s important to check for any known conflicts before choosing a theme.
- If you’re having trouble getting Visual Composer to work properly with your chosen theme, you may need to consult the documentation or support resources for both the plugin and the theme to troubleshoot any compatibility issues.
- The Visual Composer Hub offers a wide range of pre-designed templates and content blocks that can be used on any compatible WordPress theme, regardless of its original design. This can make it easier to create professional-looking pages quickly and easily without worrying about compatibility issues.
Overall, while Visual Composer is generally compatible with most WordPress themes, it’s always a good idea to do your research and make sure that your chosen theme will work well with the plugin before making a final decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions about Elementor and Visual Composer include, “Is Elementor better for beginners than Visual Composer?” and “What are the main differences between Elementor and Visual Composer?”
Is Elementor Better For Beginners Than Visual Composer?
Elementor is often considered better for beginners than Visual Composer due to its more intuitive and user-friendly interface. Its drag-and-drop editor, live preview mode, and extensive template library make it easier to create visually appealing websites without needing much technical knowledge or experience.
Additionally, Elementor has a larger community support base and offers better customer service compared to Visual Composer, which can be helpful for beginners who may encounter issues while building their website.
However, both page builders offer free versions that are suitable for beginners with limited budgets and skill levels.
What Are The Main Differences Between Elementor And Visual Composer?
One of the main differences between Elementor and Visual Composer is their user interface. Elementor offers a live mode, which allows users to see changes in real-time as they design their website.
On the other hand, Visual Composer uses a drag and drop interface, which some users may find more intuitive. Another key difference is that Elementor has a hierarchy of sections, columns, and widgets, while Visual Composer only allows content elements in columns.
This means that Elementor provides greater flexibility and control over page layout than its competitor.
Alternatives To Elementor And Visual Composer
If you are looking for alternatives to Elementor and Visual Composer, here are some popular options:
- Divi: A popular page builder with a drag-and-drop interface and multiple design options. It also offers a theme builder module for creating custom headers, footers, and post templates.
- Brizy: Known for its simplicity and intuitive design, Brizy is a great option for beginners. It has a wide range of pre-made templates and responsive blocks.
- Thrive Architect: Designed specifically for conversion-focused websites, Thrive Architect comes with over 300 landing page templates and multiple content elements to boost conversions.
- WPBakery: Formerly known as Visual Composer, WPBakery is another popular page builder with advanced design options and a wide range of elements. It can be used with almost any WordPress theme.
- Oxygen: Oxygen is an advanced visual website builder that allows users to build entire designs from scratch using CSS grids. It offers complete customization control over every element of your site.
- Beaver Builder: As we mentioned earlier, Beaver Builder is often considered the most beginner-friendly page builder. Its simple, user-friendly interface makes it easy to create beautiful designs without prior experience.
In conclusion, both Elementor and Visual Composer offer unique features and benefits for website editing in WordPress. Elementor’s live mode allows for real-time changes, while Visual Composer offers a more extensive range of content elements.
Both page builders have templates, styling options, add-ons, and pricing plans to fit individual needs. Ultimately, the choice between Elementor and Visual Composer depends on personal preferences and requirements.